Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Yesterday Jonathan called our insurance company to see if we're covered for ice dams. We are. But we have a $2000 deductible, so it's going to cost money any way we look at it. The insurance company recommended some guys from Brahler's Cleaning and Restoration. So two guys came out yesterday to look at the ceiling and roof. Fine, great. Come on over and look. No problem, right? 

Right. The first thing was that they called five minutes before showing up to warn me that they were on their way. I'm usually OK with that, but I was working with one of my new voice students, and couldn't follow them around they house while they inspected and took pictures. So they were telling me stuff that I already knew, about ceiling stuff having to be replaced, a hole cut open to dry it out, the snow cleared off the roof and a tarp put down. But an estimate? When are they coming back? Are they going to call?  I don't know. Did he tell me that he was going to go back and write something up and then get back to me? I have no idea, because I was working with a student, trying to keep my dog from jumping all over everyone, and trying to make sure no one made too much noise so that Vivian wouldn't wake up from her much-needed nap. 

So when Jonathan asked me last night what the guys did/said, I had no idea. And then he asked me again this morning, which is perfectly fine and normal, since he's working on a show and not getting home until 1 a.m. and has his mind on other things. But I was my usual overly demonstrative self, saying "I don't know... voice student... guys wandering around... estimate?... blah, blah, blah." I'm sorry, honey. I didn't mean to snap. I just honestly can't remember what they said. I hope they call back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment