Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Estimate?!?!?!

OK. So the estimate came back from the guys who did the inspection. $450 to clear off and tarp the roof. $1500 to take out a 4' x 13' piece of ceiling and put a temporary fan and dehumidifier up there to dry it out. No mention of putting the ceiling back, just leaving a giant hole. W. T. F. Sounds suspiciously close to our $2000 deductible to me.  Hell, I can take out a 4' x 13' piece of ceiling and put  a fan and dehumidifier up there for nothing. I'm of a good mind to take a sledgehammer and start right now. 

Jonathan called our insurance company to see what the deal is. They're getting back to us. 




2 comments:

  1. We're not going to use these guys. They're ripping off our insurance company, I'm pretty sure. There's no way this is a $2000 repair. My friend Bob is a contractor in the Chicago area, and he broke the ceiling repair costs down for me like this:

    "2 Sheets drywall, mud, screws, Paint, misc supplies etc no more than $75-$100. Demolition Maybe $125 with clean up. Do it yourself, save $100-$200 in labor. Roof Tarping.. diff Story. Paying someone to climb on snowy roof is challenging, but, not worth more that $100-$250. Blue Roofing Tarp costs $50. It is only my opinion... "

    ReplyDelete